Friday, March 21, 2008

Audio heirlooms

I'm going to give these fine folks a shot at converting our 6 Earl C. Humphrey audio cassettes into digital media. They have noise reduction techniques that hopefully far surpass what I would be able to do on my own. I'm looking forward to hearing that voice again after 8 years...

The tapes are pushing 20 years old. They should be OK. Knock on wood.

The plan is to then launch transcript pages on my wiki that the fam can help transcribe, edit for spelling corrections, flushing out hard-to-hear regions/words, etc., and link to various resources around the 'net.

This should be cool.

2 comments:

BrotherBemused said...

So very great. I miss that voice, and will look forward to hearing it clearly once again. Thanks!

BrotherBemused said...

PS Also really appreciated the Earl C. Humphrey genealogy on line. Very cool. Wish I could show him.