Saturday, January 12, 2008

Biking Blather

It was warm enough (35 degrees) and dry enough that Jack and I went biking today. We got in about 20 miles, probably averaging about 14 miles per hour, so I felt pretty good about that for a 60-year-old who hasn't been in the saddle much lately. I have new quick release cleats that I really like. I had a pretty painful crash several months ago from the not-so-quick-release cleats I was using then, and have been dealing with tendinitis in my left elbow ever since. Still in all, I'd have to say I'm one of the luckiest stiffs around. Last Saturday I had taken off my front wheel as I loaded the bike, then backed over it without thinking--somehow managing to straddle it in such a way that it was unscathed. It will take me a long time to live that one down, but not nearly as long as it would have if I'd have run right over it!

No comments: